Like every family we have our good weeks and our bad weeks. I have recently , moved over from a mum that used to live on ready-made sauces chucked with a bit of chicken to a mum that now home cooks almost every day. I discovered whilst looking at different diets that I actually much preferred home-cooked meals. Not only did I enjoy the actual cooking but I also like the flavour. They taste so much better! Continue reading “My Top Ten Cheap meals for a large family”
So I had quite an interesting weekend. It was mine and Gareths 5th Anniversary of when we got together and as a result I cooked us a lovely 3 course meal. Everything was cooked from scratch we had Asparagus wrapped in parma ham with melted butter followed by Chicken Tikka pieces, Homemade Naan bread and salad finished off with Shortbread, cream and strawberries. It was delicious but it also made me realise that I could cook bread. The naan bread was delicious Continue reading “Fresh homemade bread roll recipe – Mofm style”
What ya need
- Fat free ‘Natural’ Yogurt ( I won’t bore you again with why I’m confused over natural yogurt you can check it out in my posh chicken recipe)
- Tikka Curry powder – I’m gonna be honest here when I made this it just tasted like Spanish chicken after I’d added in the Tikka powder so I whacked in some normal curry powder too ** side note – Make sure you have plenty of toilet roll, I’ve also heard putting it into the fridge will help however I am yet to try out this theory!
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper – No I’m not expecting you to go pick your own peppercorns and the get a pestle and mortar to grind it, You can buy nifty pepper grinders from the shops for about a quid!!
- Skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces – Save yourself the bother and buy the frozen bags already cut up, no mangy chicken jelly all over your hands , what is the deal with them little bits of chicken that get on your hands then decide to just dance about different parts of your hands whilst washing them? You know the ones!
- Low calorie cooking spray – This stuff is stupidly expensive so you don’t have to use this you can use normal vegetable oil rather than paying an extra couple of quid just to be able to spray it!
- Onion – The actual recipe says to just use one but I find if you put one onion in you can’t even taste it.
- Root ginger peeled and grated– This is an odd ingredient especially when they send you a massive stick thing and you only need to use a tiny bit HOWEVER. I was a genius with my left over ginger and mixed it with some lemon juice , honey and hot water and made my own cold remedy thingy ma jig!
- Chilli deseeded and chopped – See toilet paper comment on number 2
- Ground cinnamon – Don’t ask me I thought cinnamon was something you sprinkled on sweet stuff like hot chocolate , with whipped cream and marshmallows … “ohhh nom GARETTTHHHH go to the shop and get some hot choc will ya? “
- Ground Cumin – It’s still not cum in …..
- Tomato puree – Now I’m starting to think tomato puree is the food of the gods, I never realised how many different things you can use it in, surprisingly it’s not just around to make you pizza taste nommy, it can be used in healthy recipes too! I know it was a shock to me to
- Fat free fromage frais – Thick yogurt to those who aint got a friggin clue what it is!
- Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish – Or you could just eat the bloody thing instead of trying to make it look pretty!
If you have been following me on Instagram you will know that I have decided to become healthier therefore I often put up pictures of my dinner ( Yes I am one of those people). Anyway, one of my pictures which was a chicken fajita in a lettuce leaf drew a lot of attention. So I thought I would share my recipe with you but in my very own style, are you ready for this? Continue reading “Posh Chicken Stuff In A Lettuce Leaf Mummy Of 5 Miracle Style”