So last night whilst sat on Twitter nattering to all of my blogging friends. Yes I call them my friends despite never meeting, this is because we support each other. We have a laugh together and I can honestly say they make me giggle and brighten up my world. Anyway enough of me being nice. I don’t want them to get used to it. As I was saying whilst sat on Twitter I received a notification saying. I have nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. So I would like to thank Daddy Stinks from the blog page Daddystinks.co.uk for the nomination. Take a little browse of his blog!
I sat there wondering what on earth the award was but I was excited. So with a pounding heart I took a look at exactly what I had been nominated for and it wasn’t so much a nomination and more a declaration that I had already received it! You see the mystery blogger award comes with a set of rules and things to follow and by writing this post I am also accepting my award.
—- The Rules —-
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award & give a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each nominee.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
3 Things about myself
- When I was younger I was a holiday park entertainer. My job involved singing, dancing, comparing, DJing. I was in several shows per week and I have been several characters Including : Sleepy the dwarf, A big hairy bear, An old farmer, A naughty child. An evil villain, even a puppy!
- I have just embarked on a bit of health kick and gone is the junk food and I am all about the health. I’ve even ditched the cigarettes and started going on walks. Now if you knew me personally you would see that getting dressed is usually an effort.
- I am absolutely petrified of planes. I have absolutely no desire to go abroad and I’m pretty sure that the only place I would even be slightly tempted to get on a plane for would be to go to Lapland at Christmas.
On what occasion was you closest to quitting the blogging world?
I am still quite new to blogging so I am nowhere near thinking of quitting just yet. But I think the thing that would make me consider it would be if nobody read what I had to say.
what do you enjoy most from blogging?
I enjoy the fact that if something is on my mind I can write about it and people will read it. I also love the fact that since I started blogging I have gained so many friends and in general everyone is very friendly and happy to help you out if you need it.
How often do you often spend on a post?
This really depends on what the post is about. If it is something close to my heart such as Annabelles Bullying Story Then I just sit and write it out and don’t even think about it because it is right there in my mind and posts like that take around 30 minutes. The reason they are so fast is because I don’t edit those kind of posts and I just write them from my heart.
Other posts where I want to add a little humour or have a bit of a giggle such as posh chicken stuff or How exactly do you get a toddler to wear clothes take me longer as I tend to write them down by hand first then type them up. I like to write them and then make Gareth read them to see if it is actually funny. If he doesn’t laugh then I don’t post it.
Reviews take the longest as I like to write it then re-read it several times and make adjustments to make sure I include everything that I feel needs to be said.
What plug-in/add-on cant you do without?
Google Analytics is my favourite plug in because I love to keep a close eye on whether or not people are actually reading my blog and which posts are popular and to do more of.
Do you use any third party apps to assist you if so which one do you swear by?
I don’t really use apps that much because I don’t fully understand them yet. I do love using Stumbleupon to help to share my posts though. ( Is that a third-party app) hmm.
My Favourite / Best post
I have a couple, the first one is my favourite because I genuinely chuckled out loud to myself even thought I had written it and that was my Posh chicken stuff in a lettuce leaf mummy of 5 miracle style post.
My second favourite is my review of Our Mothers Day Lunch at The Hundred House , I think I captured the day really well and gave an honest review of our day.
So who do I nominate?
I would like to nominate
- Louise – WeeOhana
- Lisa – Pass The Prosecco …please
- Alan – OMG It’s a Girl
- Jade – The Newlywed Site
- Tash – Bound For Somewhere
- Julie – Picking Up Toys
- Mrs A – Hooks and Dragons
- Sarah – A Mundane Life
- Kerry – All About a Mini Norris
- Martyn – Inside Martyns Thoughts
My 5 questions for you
- How long have you been blogging for?
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice what would it be?
- Why is a chair called a chair and not binoculars?
- Which social media platform do you think provides you with the most readers?
- When did you feel like you had made it as a blogger in the blogging world?
This award was created by Okoto Enigmas Blog