I went through a phase last year of making homemade fudge. During this time I experimented with many different kinds and ways of making it so that it was to the liking and texture I like it.
Yesterday I put on Instastories that I was making some and popped up a picture of the smarties and kinder fudge that I had made. I was met with an overwhelming number of people asking for the recipe so here you go :
500g Chocolate of your choice, you can literally use anything as long as it is 500g
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon butter
1 tin of condensed milk
- Break up the chocolate into your slow cooker, add the butter, vanilla and condensed milk and give it a good stir.
- Turn your slow-cooker on to low. LEAVE OFF THE LID
- Set alarms for every 15 minutes over 2 hours
- Every time your alarm goes off give the mixture a thorough stir.
- After 2 hours it should start forming a little bit of a crust on the top this means it’s ready to be transferred into your tray.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and level it. At this point if you would like to then you can add toppings.
- Place it into the refrigerator for 2 hours
- Once set remove from the fridge and cut into chunks.
These can be stored in a container or freezer bag in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Another great idea is to place it in cellophane with a little ribbon around it and give it as a gift.
Let me know if you have a go yourself and if you post it on a social media please tag my accounts so that I can see your creations. You can really make some incredible kinds of different flavours.
I’ve also created a video if you would like to see how it’s done