This year in the run up to Christmas and for #Blogmas . I have decided to Interview other bloggers and find out what Christmas was like for them growing up and how they do their own Christmas’s now. Every day in December will see a new blogger and new traditions and Christmas excitement. Today we have the lovely Han-son from Daddilife.
1. What is your name? Do you have children if so how many & what are their ages? Tell me a little bit about your blog.
Hi there, I’m Han-Son and I’m dad to Max, aged 4 (only just).
I run DaddiLife – a website for dads, focusing on modern fatherhood, things to do and health/wellbeing.
2. As you was growing up did you have any Christmas traditions in your house?
My upbringing was just me and my mum, so our traditions were largely based around food. As in eating far too much of it! I’m not ashamed to admit we were not well off at all growing up so actually Christmas was the only real time of any gifts too.
3. What is your favourite Christmas memory?
I’m very much into film, and one of my earliest and best memories was watching Aladdin on Christmas day with my mum. I just remember really wanting a magic carpet for ages. In fact I think I still do! Haha.
4. Did you ever ask Santa for something that you never got?
When I was 5 I was obsessed with getting a pet. Not just any ol’ traditional pet, but a TERRAPIN! I actually went to the library to research it, how to care for it everything, but it never happened. Our home was just too small.
5. Have you ever had any Xmas disasters?
One of my now famous Christmas side dishes are my stuffed peppers. But before I perfected this art, there was many a disaster to go through.
I tried to make my first when I was 10, and for some reason stuffing up until that point had never been a part of Christmas so I didn’t really know what it was. I ended up making my own – which – as a child meant trying to forage for any random bits and bobs. So my first ever stuffing included rice, passata, basil and other random herbs. I was just not great in a roast pepper.
6. How do you usually spend Xmas eve?
One glass and preparing for the big day. With a few friends and family at ours this year I think this year will be predominantly preparing. Maybe a cheeky one around midnight…
7. Do you have magic elves that visit? What kind of things do they get up to?
Oooo not yet, but I feel that’s coming soon.
8. Do you have any of your own Xmas traditions? Things that you HAVE to do on Xmas day?
As well as the stuffed peppers, which are pretty good now even if I do say so myself(!), as a family we all go out for a little walk just between the Chrstimas meal and desserts. Usually it’s just to a local park, and I’m pretty convinced it’s actually just to stop us sleeping straight away after filling our bellies! But I’m quite excited about this years as we’ve managed to get the very newest in the family a ride on car which we’ll be taking to the park – so there will be 10 adults, 3 children and a rollin’ baby 😉
9. Do you eat breakfast on Xmas day and if so what kind of breakfast do you usually have?
Prawn cocktail and avocado. The only time of the year I have such a rich brekkie!
10. If you could have one thing this Xmas and it could be anything in the world what would it be?
A really long, nice holiday! With plenty of sun.
Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us Han-Son, I’m curious to know what’s in your stuffed peppers now that you’ve perfected them!
If you would like to read more from Han-son check out the links below
Thank you for joining in and Merry Christmas