I’ve been ridiculously busy this week but a friend of mine brought my attention to a story in the news about a 17-year-old girl who was going through a court case over rape. In the… More
When it comes to food shopping. I rarely find the time to actually get to the shops to do a full-blown shop. It’s usually a case of a quick nip to the supermarket or an online delivery so when UK Fresh Meats contacted me and asked if I’d be interested in testing out their meat I was more than happy to oblige Continue reading “UK Fresh Meats Telford – Review”
As Christmas approaches we find ourselves starting to think about what gifts we should buy for her. More often than not gift guides for her are aimed at partners/wives/mothers. I’ve decided to make mine about the whole lot. Mums, Nans, Aunties , Friends and everything in between. Hopefully this guide will help you when it comes to choosing something for the special women in your life. Here are my top 10 gifts for her. Continue reading “Christmas 2018 Gift Guide – Gifts For Her”
I figured its November now so it’s perfectly acceptable to start blogging about Xmas right? Today I want to talk about our favourite Xmas songs and why we love them so much. Continue reading “Favourite Xmas songs and why we love them”
Stress awareness day is next week so I wanted to share my story.
This year has been one hell of a year , I got to such a place that I didn’t want to wake up ever again and I was serious. It was all down to stress. Continue reading “Stress comes in all shapes and sizes”
I have recently had a little bit of a moment where I’ve been thinking about how men treat women and why they do it. I have come to the conclusion that it might not be the fact men are in fact
arseholes pains and that maybe it’s us women that have made them that way. I should probably explain. Continue reading “Is it our fault the way (some) men behave towards women?”
Christmas is fast approaching and there is nothing more that I love more than receiving festive treats through the post. I was super excited when I opened my parcel to reveal a posh box of treats from Konditor & Cook. Continue reading “Konditor & Cook – Festive Treats – Review”
When we hear the word tantrum we always think of toddlers. 2 and 3 year olds being grumpy over the slightest things. I am not joking when I say some of the reasons there have been tantrums in my house are just…. Well you sit back and wonder if you’re actually going in sane
Top 5 Toddler Tantrums
I thought I would enlighten you all on what I consider the top 5 tantrums I’ve experienced with my kids. I will work from number 5 down to number 1 which I consider the ultimate tantrum so far.
5. Bethie kicked off because she wanted to watch Ryans Toy Review. What was on the TV? Ryan’s Toy Review like she had asked. She even chose the episode but no, that Ryan wasn’t good enough she wanted a different one.
4. Harry was the most devastated boy on the earth when I gave birth to Annabelle. He did not want a baby sister and my god did I know it!
3. Ellie wanted to leave home. At the ripe old age of 3 she packed a bag and waved me goodbye on the doorstep. Why? I genuinely can’t remember but Ellie used to kick off about the world so it was probably something as simple as not having the right spread on her toast. ( she even made me do her hair before she left) She only got to the end of the path before running back saying I’m sorry mummy I love you.
2. Annabelle was sent to her room and her tantrum was probably one of the best I’ve ever seen. Annabelle doesn’t know when to stop and argues back ( not sure where she gets that from ) On this particular occasion she was sent to her room. All we heard from down the stairs was her asking the cat to help her. It was hard not to giggle as we heard “Mimi help me”
- My number one favourite tantrum from my kids so far was when Harry was about 1 and a half and Ellie was pretty much a newborn. Ellie had been a little whiney all day and I just heard ” Mummy she is doing my head in” Queue massive tantrum about his sister. Unbelievably that was also his first full sentence.
I’d like to tell you it gets better
But I just can’t! You get past the tantrums from toddlers into a lovely middle phase that I like to call the calm before the storm. Usually between the ages of say 6 and 10. This is where you think you’ve cracked the parenting thing. They’ve started to listen to you. Behave well in general. You can take them anywhere with very minimal fuss.
They like to lull you into a false sense of security. You have amazing incredible bonding moments where they are even able to sit down and enjoy a whole film with you. Help you around the house and become what can only be described as angels. DO NOT BELIEVE IT
Pre-teen and Teen Tantrums begin
Just when you think you’ve got it all cracked and you may actually be doing an alright job as a parent they have yet another trick up their sleeves. They become preteens and teenagers.
With this new-found status comes many things including hormones, smelly pits , acne and dramas but worse than that you get Teen tantrums!
Top 5 Teen Tantrums
Now you wouldn’t think the tantrums would continue once they hit an age where they pretty much fully understand the world. They know their own minds and can listen to instructions but you would be very much mistaken. Here are my top 5 Teenage tantrums.
5. I would not let Harry finish tidying his room. Now I know what you’re thinking. What teenager does their room but Harry isn’t a typical teenager and has a thing about tidying up. His brother was going to bed so he was asked to leave the rest till the morning. You would swear I’d taken his last sweet off him.
4. Telling Ellie she had to walk to school. Now I need you to understand the school is literally a 5-10 minute walk from my house. If I drop her off and pick her up I’m stuck in a sea of traffic and the whole experience takes around 30 minutes to complete. When I suggested walking you would think I had asked her to chop off her left arm. ( I don’t know why I said left I just did lol )
3. Now when you pass the toddler phase you would think the arguments over sweets would stop but this isn’t true. In fact tonight Ellie sulked because Harry had a lollipop and she wanted it. Queue arguing over a lollipop! Yes a lollipop aged 14 and 13 my kids are throwing strops over a sweetie!
2. Now this one I’m sure others could relate to. It’s a school morning. You’ve asked 15 times if they have everything ready. Done their homework etc and then you get in the car for one of them to realise that they haven’t done it. Of course naturally this is all your fault and absolutely nothing to do with the fact they spent the whole night chatting to friends or watching YouTube videos.
- This tantrum is by far the best tantrum I’ve witness in a teenager yet. Ellie discovered she likes boys! In particular this boy also liked her. Now unlike most teenagers who just get excited over the fact. Ellie had a full-blown meltdown because she liked a boy who also liked her. I’m not joking when I say there were tears and everything!
In conclusion this post is literally to prewarn you all that up until now the tantrums in our house are still very much here and that you really shouldn’t get fooled by the calm before the storm.
God help us when puberty full hits. I think I may book myself a trip away until they’re 18 then return once it’s all over.
Parents of older kids/ young adults please tell me it gets easier.
I know this isn’t true I still tantrum now. One of my favourite sulks/ tantrums being because I didn’t get new pj’s for Christmas when I ALWAYS get new pj’s. It was that bad I then got bought new pj’s to stop me sulking… True Story!
I went through a phase last year of making homemade fudge. During this time I experimented with many different kinds and ways of making it so that it was to the liking and texture I like it.
Yesterday I put on Instastories that I was making some and popped up a picture of the smarties and kinder fudge that I had made. I was met with an overwhelming number of people asking for the recipe so here you go : Continue reading “Homemade Slow Cooker Fudge – Recipe”
I am always on the look out for different kinds of advent calendars. As much as the traditional chocolate calendars are amazing it’s always nice to find something that is a little bit different and a chilli calendar is definitely different.
Not only that but a lot of advent calendars are focused on children counting down the days to Christmas, where in reality it’s probably me that gets most excited in my house so I was really excited when I was sent The Big Chilli Advent Calendar from Sous Chef Continue reading “Sous Chef – The Big Chilli Advent Calendar – Review”
If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram you will know that yesterday I launched a parody of George Ezra’s Shot gun. My version was called School Run. I very nearly didn’t upload it! Continue reading “Why creating a parody video made me see myself differently”